Feels like a really good foundation for a retro game. Controls are good, sprites look good. Solid first level, it just needs an end.
Zombies Ate My Teacher
- Movement: Left/Right arrows (Left/Right on the DPad)
- Jump: Spacebar (Bottom controller button)
- Attack: F (Left controller button)
Thanks for checking out the game!
I know there isn't much here, but, for what there is, I'd appreciate you having a feel, and giving your feedback in the comments!
This includes art, physics, controls, difficulty, level design, enemies, weapons, powers, or even just some cool ideas you think would make the game better!
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Genre||Role Playing, Action, Adventure, Platformer|
|Made with||Aseprite, Godot|
|Tags||2D, Exploration, Horror, Metroidvania, Pixel Art, Singleplayer, Zombies|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Zero v1.0 Universal|
|Average session||A few seconds|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This game has a lot of potential. I'd like to see more weapons and abilities, as well as an actual goal to work towards.
A couple things i suggest.
1. idk if this is supposed to be here but the zombies dont hurt you
2. the jump is a little unresponsive, so if this is within you skill ability i would make it faster to jump, and make it so if you tap the jump button once you jump to almost full height
3. the attack is kinda slow... so i would make the frames in the animation go faster. At the moment it feels kinda droopy and stuff.
4. ur prob planning to do this but sound effects and music always make games better (:
nice work so far though! Remember this is only my opinion. (:
Thanks for the feedback, I'll address those items today:
1) Yeah, i haven't gotten to that yet. I'll work on that today. I just added the zombies taking damage yesterday.
2) I kinda wanted it that way. I wanted jumping to feel like a Tactical Decision, like in old Castlevania games. But... it's clear that isn't very popular. I'll tweak the numbers to instead make it more responsive, and less delayed.
2.5) As for the full-height jump, again, pulled from Castlevania, but also Mario. Maybe I need to go back and study those games more. Previously, in my other game MiniMon, I attemped this mechanic, but it wasn't quite right, and I ended up scrapping it. I think I need to create some more enemies/obstacles before I can scrap this one. I'll definitely study how games like Megaman and Metroid etc deal with it, but... If I have to scrap it for this game... maybe I'll get it right some day with another game?
3) AGAIN, like Castlevania. lol. However, even in Castlevania, the Knife is a quick weapon. I'll speed it up.
4) Yup, I am looking through software now to replace the chiptunes I usually use. The game will have sound before the Jam completes.
Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to write up all that feedback! It's very easy to get stuck into a mindset of what's fun for me, and not necessarily what's fun for others.
i cant play it it says "abort(114). Build with -s ASSERTIONS=1 for more info."